Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Light Pattern

This was an experiment that I have seen many people done, where they take 2 similar colours and use one as the base colour and one as the pattern colour. It did not turn out the way I wanted it to, so I will be attempting it again very soon. I will post this one anyway. The difference between the base and pattern is very hard to see but can be seen nonetheless.

Tools:

  • Konad Stamper and Scraper
  • Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Clear (Top Coat)
  • Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hardener (Base Coat)
  • Shades of the Season: Metallic light brown
  • Shades of the Season: Clear glittler
  • Kleancolor: Metallic Yellow
  • Shany Nail plate: SH20
Steps:
  1. First I applied the Base coat
  2. Then applied 2 layers of the base colour

       3.    Let base dry for about 15 mins
       4.    Apply the pattern with the other colour using the scraper and stamp.

      5.     Let the pattern dry for 5 mins then apply the clear glitter and let dry

(You can see the pattern better in the picture above after I had added the glitter)
      6.     Apply top coat to seal everything in.

I hope you enjoyed this design today.
Comments and special requests appreciated.

Much Love,
Kelly-Ann.

No comments:

Post a Comment